Welcome to the SANDUSKY COUNTY YMCA
WE'RE MORE THAN A GYM.
Our Mission is to put Christian Principles into practice through programs and partnerships that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. In addition to welcoming everyone regardless of age, race, sex, faith, ethnicity, ability or religion, the Y offers multiple programs to our community with the objective of bringing families together, encouraging lifelong fitness and teaching new skills. WELCOME.
WEEK 7 - AUG 3-7 - SPORTS CAMP
Play Ball! We will focus on a new sport every day. Baseball/Softball, Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, and on the last day we will learn some fun and different sports like pickleball or topple ball.
WEEK 8 - AUG 10-14 - NATURE'S WRATH
Mother Nature at her finest! Be ready for the outdoors. Trail blazing, scavenger hunts, and more this week. Meet new friends from the area and team up to cool Nature's Wrath.
WEEK 9 - AUG 17-21 - SCHOOL DAZE RETURNS
School is almost here! It's been a long summer, and we are going out with a BANG! Fun camp games, songs and trips throughout the week, along with visiting friends from earlier in the summer.
Each weekly camp is $65 / Members, $85 / Non-Members and includes all the fun, including Lunch! For more details or to ask our Camp Counselors a question, contact Nate at NateM@frymca.org.
School’s out: Summer safety tips for drivers and parents
As the end of the school year approaches, and summer begins, the Sandusky County YMCA would like to remind drivers and parents about the importance of keeping kids safe during the summer months.
Kids will be excited and may not be thinking about their personal safety so drivers need to be extra cautious in looking for child pedestrians during the summer. Parents can help by reminding their children about staying safe on the roads.
Tips for Drivers:
- During the last day of school, be aware that kids may be arriving or leaving school at different times throughout the day.
- The last day of school is an exciting time for children and they may become preoccupied and forget the rules of the road. Use extra caution when driving through school zones.
- Remember that playground speed limits remain in effect year round. Observe carefully when driving around playgrounds and parks. Small children are less predictable and harder to see than adults.
- Watch for clues, a hockey net or ball can mean kids are playing nearby. Pay attention and always anticipate the unexpected.
- Always watch for children as you’re backing up. Walk around your vehicle to make sure no small kids are behind it.
Tips for Parents:
- Focus on the basics. Teach your children to make eye contact with the driver before they cross, even if the walk signal is on.
- Remind them to walk, don’t run across the road and;
- To stop, look and listen before crossing the street.
- Don’t jaywalk. Teach your children to cross at intersections that have a marked crosswalk or a pedestrian crossing light.
- When walking with your child avoid unnecessary shortcuts like walking through a parking lot. Drivers may not see children between parked cars and the children may not see the cars moving.
- Talk with your child about bike safety and the road. When being passed by a moving car, move to the far RIGHT and slow down or stop if possible.
Have a safe and happy summer from everyone at the Sandusky County YMCA!
NEW FOR 2015!
The new Fred Durnwald Strength Training Center was made possible through generous donations from the Durnwald family in honour of the late Fred Durnwald. Thirteen new Magnum by Matrix strength training equipment pieces make up the new center. “The new equipment will provide greater ease of use for members of all approved ages and abilities.” says Lindi Cahill, Fitness Coordinator at the Sandusky County YMCA. “Particular attention was given to ordering equipment that will not only strengthen muscle groups, but also aid in the therapy and strengthening of corresponding joints.”
Take a closer look at each of our new equipment pieces below! Be sure to click below on the links to watch a quick instruction video, and schedule your own personal orientation with our fitness staff. Forms to schedule your orientation are available at the desk or by contacting Lindi at LCahill@frymca.org.
You can view instruction videos on all of our new strength training equipment on our NEW Amenities page HERE!
Settle in for the ride of your life with our popular non-impact indoor cycling class! Our Indoor Cycling Program just received 15 NEW LeMond REVMASTER SPORT Indoor Cycling Bikes allowing a cardiovascular workout that's easy on your feet and knees while allowing a high intensity exercise.
Stop by the Y today and try a class today! Once a week won't be enough! You can add a mix of days/times to fit your schedule. Pick up or download our Program Flyer for a class schedule.
FOR MORE DETAILS VISIT OUR
MEMBERSHIP RECIPROCITY PAGE
Check out a SNACK of our Program Flyer!
For a FULL copy of our flyer, download below!
SUMMER 2015 PROGRAM FLYER!
Our Summer Program Flyer is HERE! You've got to see it, LOADS of NEW!!
One Step Makes A Difference
At the Y, we want to make a difference by reducing the amount of paper products we use each day. To do this, we are becoming capable of e-mailing such things as receipts, program flyers, and other notifications. To update your information, please send us and e-mail with your name, address, phone number, birth date and your valid e-mail. It's that simple!
Click here to send us your updated information.
*The Y will NEVER share any of your information- our office use only. Birth Date is required by our system software for record-keeping purposes only.
Next page: About Us